Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Weekend Cooking

I love Gindara with Teriyaki Sauce. Last Saturday we bought Gindara fish in South Supermarket. It's been a while since I cooked my favorite fish and weekend is the perfect day to cook it. Check out my Gindara Recipe. :)













I wasn't able to get the best Gindara slice but for me any part of the fish will do. Maybe next time I will get lucky. My first taste of this delicious fish is from a Japanese Restaurant in Makati and the cost was very expensive for a small piece of fish. I said to myself, I'll cook this one for me and my family. My first try is not bad at all although my ingredients are not complete but just the same my love ones ate my Gindara with gusto. The second try was great! So for those who like to cook fish, here's how I cook my Gindara.

Ingredients:

Gindara Fish Slice
Teriyaki Sauce

How to make Teriyaki sauce

Ingredients

1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup beef broth
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup white wine

Mixing the ingredients here is my way:

1. Dissolve the sugar and ginger in the broth and soy sauce.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Blend the cornstarch in the wine. Add to the broth.
4. Simmer until thickened.

The recipe of Teriyaki Sauce was pulled from the Internet, I can no longer remember where.

Enjoy! :)

No comments: