Friday, July 11, 2008

GSMA 3rd Party Access Project

From time to time, I try to see what's cooking in the GSM Association (www.gsmworld.com) and recently I found this interesting news or initiative - GSMA 3rd Party Access Project. I got curious about this initiative and click right away the registration link, skipping to read the entire post.

I register and was told that an email with username/password will be sent to my email address. I waited......nothing.


I forgot about it and then out of nowhere I received an email containing my account and password to the portal after a month(?). Well the email contains the reason of the delay and I shrugged and tried out the portal.

It's barely populated yet with information or entries, (what do you expect for portal just started?) However, it made me think about it, will this initiative fly? I can imagine what this project can do and how it will make a big difference to service providers and content providers.

Working with multiple Mobile Operators is big pain and cost a lot of resources, with the promise of standard API, the Mobile Operator can expose what's needed and useful information to a 3rd Party.

I don't know if this has to do with Globe's opening up through their new Globelabs initiative because it is somewhat similar.

Anyway, hope this help the industry.

No comments: